1837Yall...

1837Yall...is an Un-official student “voice” regarding policies that govern the general welfare of the students. Willing to openly address issues that students have regarding (housing,student activities,campus organizations,etc.)Student life .1837yall is a blog spot for Cheyney university interest, current students, alumni and faculty to tell the honest truth about the university and both express concern and recognition for the progress of the oldest HBCU in America.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

DO U REMEMBER...Shocked and amazed....?



Do u remember late last year i reported on vandalizime just right outside our caqmpus ...

Dec, 10,09
I was shocked and amazed at the sight of this racial slur written on a bridge just a few feet away from our beloved campus. The bridge on Dilworthtown road had several racial slurs that litter the walls just outside our school .My question is ,who is responsible for cleaning this , who is at fault ,will there be a criminal investigation regarding this matter? CU what do you think?

I am proud to say that the bridge has been painted over....I don’t know if this paint on the bridge had anything to do with last week’s open house and community day but, I’m so happy and equally thankful that the words are gone...often times we say "sticks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me", that saying is just a defense mechanism....words do hurt and in the words of Obama "words matter"....I’m not saying words define whom u are but I am saying they matter....cu what do u think.....?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home